Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Golden Globes Fashion Review

So, since I was out of town for the Globes, I had to catch up with the red carpet action via DVR. So, per tradition, here are my picks for best and worst dressed...


Best Dressed

#10 Uggie the Dog
How handsome is the dog from The Artist? He stole the show for me.





















#9 Diane Lane- Reem Acra
She's a classic beauty.





















#8 Laura Dern- Andrew Gn
The color was stunning and sequins are growing on me.





















#7 Emily Blunt- Elie Saab
Emily didn't walk the red carpet, but this yellow sequined number wowed me when she was presenting.



















#6 Helen Mirren- Badgely Mischaka
Stunning!






















#5 Berenice Bejo- Emilio Pucci
She made me say, "Who is that?" The picture doesn't do her or the dress justice.

#4 The Ladies of The Help (as a group, they all rocked it)
Emma Stone- Lanvin














Jessica Chastain- Givency

















Viola Davis- Emilio Pucci

















Octavia Spancer- Tadashi Shoji

















#3 Julianna Marguiles- Naeem Khan
The purple dress fit her like a glove and the green earrings were stunning with the purple and played really nicely off of her sleek black hair. Loved it!!





















#2 Sofia Vergara- Vera Wang
I mean she can dress for her curves! Amazing. Loved everything about this dress. I want it.





















#1 Charlize Theron- Dior
She was stunning when she walked the carpet. The sparkled headband and the pink/nude dress with the edgy cream shoes. Loved everything about it!



















I Either Love Them or Hate Them:
I couldn't decide if I loved or hated Rooney Mara, Evan Rachel Wood, or Angelina Jolie's dresses. So, I've put them below, you decide.



















Worst Dressed:

#10 Amanda Peet- Mark Jacobs
That is doing nothing for her and is completely inappropriate for the event





















#9 Tilda Swinton- Heider Ackerman
Always hideous so she only landed at #9. That color is awful.





















#8 Natalie Portman- Lanvin
Natalie is gorgeous so pretty much anything looks good on her. But, this looks like a bridesmaids dress circa 1984. Hideous





















#7 Meryl Streep
Meryl, I love you. What is this western ball-gown combo. Terrible.





















#6 Paula Patton- Monique Lhuillier
Some people loved this. I thought she looked like big bird. The dress is fine and the color is fine, just not together for me. Too much!





















#5 Reese Witherspoon- Zac Posen
Again, some people loved it. I HATED it. I think the cups are too small for her, the hair looks like bad extensions, the seaming on the dress makes her hips look big, and the hem is too long (she was kicking up her dress everywhere she walked). The color was nice on her, but overall the dress wore her instead of her wearing the dress.





















#4 The Girls of Glee 
Lea Michelle- Marchesa
That spray tan is out of control and she's not curvy enough for this dress. She also kept licking her lips at the camera as if she was Marilyn Monroe. It creeped me out.

















Dianna Agron- Giles
Laser cuts and ruffles are not a combo I enjoy. It makes her look really small on top and big on the bottom. Weird choice.





















#3 Zooey Deschanel- Prada Custom
I'm not a fan of the lime and black combo plus it seemed like a prom dress to me rather than a golden globes dress. And the hair is a mess.
















#2 Sarah Michelle Gehler- Monique Lhuiller
What was she thinking?!!





















#1 Jessica Beil- Elie Saab Couture
This dress does nothing for her. I do like the dark hair, but the dress still manages to wash her out and make her look like a box. The middle slit is weird with the lace and it's just all wrong. Worst dress in a long time!


No comments:

Post a Comment