Haven't done this one in a while. I'll be blogging live as the show goes. Enjoy!
8:00: So excited to see how Lady Gaga does at judging. NPH got some heat for being so tough last week. I think honesty is great, but we'll see what LG decides to do.
Cat looks lovely in a simple white frock and headband/loose curl do. Ohhh Rob Marshall! Missed that memo. That's exciting! Can't wait to see what he thinks. Cat seems a bit nervous having to intro Lady Gaga, but then has a nice quip about Nigel and Mary being out of their league (agreed).
8:04: Sasha and Pasha. Very weird head gear they've put on her. I think they do the best they can for ballroom. I'm bored half way through, but she does have a nice personality. Eww, turn things and final lift at the end were a mess. C+
8:15: Katelynn and Ivan: Very long intro and bad camera work. They were good individually I think, but they weren't together when they needed to be so it just didn't quite work for me. B-
8:26: Alright, I'll admit it, one of my favorite Tyce routines. You know I can't stand him, but it was much more powerful and action-packed than he normally does. Great control and partnering. She totally committed and made that choreography into something fun to watch. A
8:31: Melanie and Neil: Wow talk about committing to that leap into his arms! I'm a little over Mandy Moore's choice of music (I know that redoing old top 40 hits is her thing) so I wasn't as thrilled with the number as I could have been. But, Melanie is just angelic and light in her movements. She makes it look so easy. Just in awe of this girl. A
8:43: Ricky and Anya: Boring. That's about it. Anya is way out of her normal shape. I just mainly watched her and thought about how she hasn't been training much. He's too prissy for me, so I wasn't into it. C-
8:54: Jess and Lauren: I miss Lauren. I think she is one of the more under-rated dancers when she was on the show. This style of hip hop wasn't bad on Jess and Lauren's so tiny, he didn't look overwhelmed by her. I wouldn't say he had "swag," but he wasn't as annoying as usual. B
9:00: Tadd and Lauren: Lost the hat and then just looked like a little lost puppy up there. Aww poor thing. Got so lost that he missed his move and definitely got punched in the face. Don't know that it would have been my favorite anyways, but it was just so bad that they couldn't fake it and recover. Had a cute premise. C
9:10: Marco and Allison: UNREAL!! I'm dying and needing to rewind and rewatch immediately. Loved it. So intricate and powerful. They looked like they'd been dancing together forever. Fabulous! A++
9:21: Katelynn and Tadd: She looks stunning in that outfit, but they look like a beginner competition. This is mediocre at best. C-
9:30: Marco and Ricky: Marco was actually pretty good! I was shocked. Ricky, less prissy than I expected, but it was still a little prissy. Liked it, but didn't love. A-
9:41: Jordan and Jess: Jordan has the ability to make something out of nothing. I'm more and more impressed with her each week. They weren't given much to work with, but it wasn't as terrible as Nigel tried to make it out to be. B
9:49: Melanie and Sasha: I liked it and they were technically great. But, I don't think I loved it as much as the judges. Just a little something missing for me. A
That's all for me! I think Jordan, Caitlynn, Ricky, Jess, and Ricky will be in the bottom with Caitlynn and Jess going home.
My Rankings:
1. Melanie
2. Marco
3. Jordan
4. Sasha
5. Caitlynn
6. Tadd
7. Ricky
8. Jess
No comments:
Post a Comment