Thursday, June 23, 2011

Wedding Wonders: Round 3 (The Big Day)

It's almost 3 weeks later, and I'm finally ready to put it on the blog! Typical. I've been putting it off because I thought some of our pictures might be in from our photographer by now. Alas, it's wedding season and it's going to take a little longer than normal. 8 hours is a lot of photos, people (read with British accent a la Love Actually moment). So, I'll just go ahead and fill you in with the great pics I have from the cameras of friends and family via facebook.

Saturday, June 4th
Friday night I was really anxious. Jeff seemed nervous after the rehearsal and I just didn't feel like I was giving everyone the time and attention I wanted to and getting around to everyone enough. But, I woke up Saturday (after sleeping really well) and felt really good all of a sudden. I spent the morning getting ready for the bridal luncheon. My Aunt Linda and cousin Brooks hosted it at High Cotton in Greenville. We all carpooled over and I got to drive my Irmo girls, which was nice since I hadn't gotten to catch up with them as much at the rehearsal dinner. We had amazing food and my aunt told one of my favorite childhood stories about losing me when I was little and finding me later in a closet surrounded by Reeses Cup wrappers from a trip to Sams Club. It was a great way to hang with all the important ladies in my life and Jeff's. Here are some pics from the luncheon.

The yummy menu! 
The hostesses with the mostest

Me and Michaela
My cousin Jenna and Aunt Jacquie looking through childhood pics
It's not a blog entry with out that adorable face. Sweet Harper.

My Irmo girls
The Wofford ladies

Jeff's fam


The anecdote came along with some Reeses of course...which have been demolished already
















































































































After lunch, we headed back to get ready. I guess I thought it would feel like the afternoon was really long. But, it flew by. I actually felt a little rushed when we were finishing up hair and makeup. It was actually nice because it didn't give me a chance to get nervous (which I thought I would because I always get nervous being in weddings, so I for sure thought I'd get nervous for my own). The girls were amazing and kept me laughing downstairs in the Chapel for the hour we were there before the ceremony started. We had a great chuckle at the flowers. Mine were pink (and if you know me, pink isn't really my thing), the poor boys had these huge boutonnieres, and I'm not really sure what happened with the main arrangement on stage. It was too late to do anything about it, so we just went with it. That was honestly the biggest goof of the wedding (that we know of), so I'm pretty pleased. It was all good comic relief in the end.

The ceremony was great. Jordan did such a great job in his officiant role and I thought our readers were great. I actually can't wait to see the video because I only remember little bits and pieces of it, so I wanna hear the whole thing again. It felt so right to be back on campus and have it there. It is where it all began after all. The people there with us and being in that space made the ceremony so special for us. Such a great moment we'll always treasure.

After the ceremony, we took a few family shots and sent everyone off to party. We took some pics just Jeff and me around campus. I'm excited to see how they turn out. The reception itself went by so quickly in my mind, but it was so much fun to have everyone there in one place! We did actually get to eat the food and made it around to see almost everyone. The cake was scrumptious and I'm really glad we decided to go the cupcake route (so us, and so yummy). The band was amazing and we got to dance to 3 whole songs :) We were so happy people danced and had a good time. I managed to throw my bouquet into a chandelier (impressive I know) and Jeff had some fun pulling out some granny panties instead of my garter (and then proceeded to pull off both parts of my garter, so tossed out two). We went with it. We finished off the night with a great ribbon streaming send-off. I hope everyone had as much fun as we did!! After the reception, we went out to Delaney's to spend some more time with the younger crowd and the family that came out. We are so grateful to everyone for making the wedding so much fun for us. The weekend exceeded our wildest expectations!

A big thank you to our vendors:

Wedding Coordinators: Hall & Webb Events based in Charlotte, NC
Ceremony Site: Wofford College, Old Main Building
Ceremony Music: Gary McCraw, organ; Timothy Bivins, trumpet based in Spartanburg, SC
Reception Site/Catering: The Piedmont Club in Spartanburg, SC
Reception Band: Legacy Band from Atlanta, GA
Photographer: Red, White, and Green Photography in Charlotte, NC
Videographer: Absolute Productions & Media in Chapin, SC
Hair/Makeup: Michelle Dula based in Charlotte, NC
Invitations/Programs: Invitations by Design based in Exton, PA
Transportation: East Side Transportation in Spartanburg, SC
Cupcakes: Janet Poleski based in Greenville, SC
Florist: Mill Street Florist in Inman, SC
Wedding Dress Designer: Christos
Bridal Store: Hayden Olivia Bridal in Charlotte, NC
Bridesmaids Dresses: Jenny Yoo (Bella Bridesmaid of Charlotte)
Groom/Groomsmen Attire: Joseph A. Bank


Until the professional pics are ready, enjoy some of my favs from facebook:

Me and my dad before the ceremony

Jooshing with the girls

My favorite ladies!


Time to get married

Vows



Rings
The Kiss
We're married!
Mamele Family


Introducing Mr. and Mrs. Jeff Owen

First dance



Irmo favorites

ZTA ladies

Vandy love

Me and Boo

The cake!

Jeff's face is amazing

For real this time

This may be my favorite (sorry Jeff). Me and Harper

Me and Cass

Mamele family


the garter toss- Jeff seems so sad to have to give one of the boys the news

Wofford girls

My vandy crew getting down

Rach and Joe dancin'

Last dance!

And that is my "I just missed the last step" face. Priceless














I loved those ribbons 
I love this last little brotherly moment

No comments:

Post a Comment