Thursday
So, for the wedding weekend, we and the families all got into town on Thursday afternoon/evening. I dropped off Midas at a boarder, Woodpoint Bed and Biscuit, in Spartanburg for the weekend. How stinking cute is that name? Jeff's parents were going to watch him for the honeymoon, so we boarded him in Sparkle City so he could just go back with them on Sunday.
We also dropped off alcohol any welcome bags to all of the different hotels for the weekend. What were in the welcome bags you ask? A welcome note, info about Wofford, maps of what to see and do in Spartanburg, water bottles, instructions on how to tie a bowtie (it is a southern wedding after all), Adluh grits and our favorite shrimp and grits recipe from Blue Marlin, A Taste of the South Chocolate Covered Pecans, and some Cromers peanuts and popcorn. Very southern, but very us.
That evening, we went out to Miyakos for yummy sushi with both sets of parents, Jeff's brother and girlfriend, and Jeff's aunt and uncle. Quite the feast.

Friday
The daytime was pretty uneventful. I worked off some nervous energy at the gym, had breakfast with the fam, hung out with the boys, and then went off to lunch at Grouchos. We spent most of the afternoon greeting family and friends coming into town and then headed off to the rehearsal. After the rehearsal, we headed over to Spartanburg Art Museum for the rehearsal dinner. We had yummy southern food catered from Palmetto Palate. I'm not going to lie. The night was a bit of a whirlwind. But, what I do remember is such a great mix of family and friends in one place, four amazing, funny, and touching speeches from our fathers, Rach, and Chris, and overwhelming feeling of love and support from everyone there. Here are some pics from the evening.
At the event, we also had a slideshow of pics of Jeff and me growing up which people found amusing. So, I figured I'd share it here as well. We had it running the whole event, so pretend there's fun party music playing along with it :)




No comments:
Post a Comment