And by homeland, I mean my Wofford home. My terriers made it to the quarterfinals of the Division I Football Championship against Georgia Southern on Saturday. Since my terriers were hosting, we decided to head to Sparkle City to watch the game. Jason came down with my fellow terriers Jeff, Stacey, and Adam from Charlotte to experience some WoCo fun. Stacey and Adam have a sweet tailgating spot and we had yummy snacks, Venus Pie pizza, and some adult beverages. We even had a visit from my Davidson intern, Amanda, who's now working in leadership programs at GSU (so proud). Here are some pics!
Sadly, my terriers lost 20-23. We definitely had the momentum to win (and came back from a 20-3 first half) if it wasn't for a terrible face mask call in the last 4 minutes that wasn't anywhere near a face mask according to all of our friends watching on TV. Oh well, at least we have classy fans unlike the GSU folks who were obnoxious the entire game and then rushed the field at the end. Who rushes onto someone else's field for a quarter final game you barely won?
Anyways, after the game, we had to rush home for Jeff's office holiday party. It was uneventful. Yummy food, awkward conversations, some fun conversations, and fun drunk people to laugh at at the after party. Standard.
So, we spent most of Sunday recovering from Saturday and cleaning the house. I'm finishing up my crafty Christmas presents. I took Friday afternoon off to almost complete Jeff's. I think one more day off this week and I'll be set to go on everyone. It may be tomorrow. We'll see. Things are very quiet at work this week with students in exams. So, I think tomorrow is great timing.
Hope you all had a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment