Overall, I thought it was a very odd show tonight. I guess that's what happens when you're down to one female dancer. I didn't like all the boy-on-boy duos. It was weird to me. I loved Travis' piece! Allison is a rock star once again. And, I thought the idea of the shoes dance was really cute. Could have done without the rest.
Really the night was a weird throwback night for me though. They used "Instant Replay" which took me back to the 7th grade number we did that wasn't my fav. Oddly, I still remembered the entire thing. Weird what your brain choses to remember. I can't remember what I did last Thursday, but I can remember a dance from 14 years ago. And, of course, there was the lovely sighting of some Dee Caspary again. He has not aged well. Watching the tape of them rehearsing though, I thought he came across a lot nicer than he ever was to me in person and a lot less creepy. Maybe he's on his best behavior for the cameras.
Since I didn't do it as the show went last night, I'll just rank the pieces...
- Robert and Allison- Travis' Contemporary Number (This worked so much better for me than Tyce's breast cancer dance that everyone seemed to love so much that I wasn't even fond of). I don't know that it warranted all the sobbing from the judges, but it moved me.
- Lauren and Billy- Mandy Moore's Shoe Dance (just adorable!)
- Kent and Adechike- Dee's chair dance (Eh...I didn't like the idea of the chair being the girl...because there were two chairs on stage, I kept getting confused as to what was going on; which one's the girl, which one's a prop??? If I hadn't seen the intro, I would have no clue what was happening).
- Billy with Anya (He was too feminine for me...his leg shouldn't be higher than hers when they kick)
- Adechike with Anya (That opening lift was hard...but, overall, it was too much for me...just trick after trick with no performance)
- Lauren with Mark (What is this supposed to be??? This tells me nothing about their dancing ability. Hated it!)
- Kent with Neil- I didn't like it...Tyce is too literal with his movements (swing the bat around into an attitude)...weird. And, it's not a gymnastics competition for crying out loud
- Jose with Dominic- Hip Hop (that was not "great" to me- that song was horrendous and it was so cheesy...I thought it was terrible)
- Robert and Katherine- Disco Number (Boo!)
- Jose with Courtney (I just want to note that Joey Dowling did a decent job trying to make him not stink and the judges were very harsh on her...and I love that song)
Who's in Bottom Three:
I have no idea! I'd put Jose, Adechike, and Robert in if I could. But, I think it will be Ashley (obviously), Billy, and Adechike when the votes come in. We'll see! I'm ready for Jose or Adechike to go home.
Boo Boo, where are you blogg posts?
ReplyDelete