Monday, December 12, 2011

Break Time

The youngsters are officially in exam time. I snapped this gem of some of my fabulous advisees after cleanup at the Christmas Party last Monday. Aren't they so cute?















The tree is already up and the presents are already wrapped.





















I've already had a chance to wear a tacky Christmas sweater.

















I've completed my to-do list for the semester and I'm not planning a wedding this holiday break like last year. Whatever am I going to do with myself for the next month?

Here are some of my ideas:
  1. Some projects at the house
    • Our bathroom and linen closet organization needs a makeover in a big way: Ideas 1, 2, 3, 4
    • The pantry and kitchen cabinets are getting some organizational love: Ideas 1, 2, 3, and 4
    • Redecorate the stairs nook. I'm thinking maybe an armed side chair, and a cute side table, and a fun DIY piece of art) if I can find some extra moulah laying around.
    • Garden planning: We have a small fenced courtyard that leads to our garage. We'd like to do some raised beds for a veggie garden this spring and also to spruce it up beyond our concrete patio at the moment. Ideas are welcome. 
  2. I want to learn how to knit. This may be the perfect opportunity :)
  3. Dinner parties. We have so much fun entertaining stuff and have had no one over to use it. Look out for dinner invites this holiday season. 
  4. Catch up on the photo albums. I haven't printed a picture in over 2 years. I think it's time. I love electronics, but I think I want something tactile to look through at some point. I'm thinking of doing the printed books from online (i.e. blurb, snapfish). Anyone done these and have one to recommend?
Ahh, free time. Love it! Other ideas are welcome! 

1 comment:

  1. My mom will help you learn to knit. I don't know if you are aware of this, but you could also just take a break during the holidays.
    -J

    ReplyDelete