Wednesday, March 30, 2011

March Recap

SO I WROTE THE POST BELOW ABOUT A WEEK AGO AND NEVER POSTED IT BECAUSE I DIDN'T HAVE TIME TO ADD THE PICTURES. HA! EPITOME OF HOW CRAZY THINGS ARE RIGHT NOW. HERE IT IS WITH UPDATES BELOW THE ORIGINAL POST.

Yes, March is almost over and things are VERY busy (hence no recent blogging). Here's what I've been up to...

Fun Trips
The first week of March I was in Chicago for a conference. See some fun pictures from below. I of course find work conference fascinating (nerd alert) and had a blast. I can't wait til May when I actually have time to implement some of my new ideas.

























































Wedding Planning Woohoo!
I'm down to 35 to-do's on my The Knot checklist. Some of them are very important to-do's, but hey, I started with almost 200 and about 9 of the remaining to-do's are post-wedding things to accomplish. So, I'm feeling great about it. I'm sure as we get closer there will be a million more small tasks to add to that list, but the big stuff is almost there. What have we done this month you ask? The boys suits are in and mailed, we got our wedding bands, we finalized our florist, videographer, and organist. We're 90% finalized on the baker after a final meeting next week in Greenville. The invitations are all calligraphied (yes I made that up), returned,  and we're stuffing this weekend. Rehearsal dinner invites come in early next week. So, look out for both of those in a couple of weeks. I have my first dress fitting on Monday and I'm excited to see the dress since I haven't seen it since October. We're moving along, just lots of little things left, but my plan this Saturday is to be a wedding planning machine and burn through some of this stuff.

Almost Done with Junior League Pledgeship
I have a meeting on Monday and 3 hours of community service in April and I'm done. I'm so freaking excited. It's been a whirlwind of meetings, wearhouse volunteering, "knowledge nights," history sessions, and provisional dinners; and I just don't have the time right now (kind of having a what was I thinking doing this right now moment a couple of weeks ago). I'm excited to pick a volunteer placement in April and start in June! I'm ready to just get started doing what normal members do (and have that type of time commitment...cause this provisional stuff is too much)!

On Duty Hell
I had my second on-duty week last week. I'm still exhausted from the week of what I'm calling "mental health breakdown hell" on Davidson's campus. We had a student who was cutting himself get drunk and need to go to the hospital for stitches and mental evaluation and then later that week we had a student have a manic break, threaten his roommates, and have to be voluntarily committed to a hospital in Atlanta. Nutty times, people. Apparently, these things only happen when I'm on call. Needless to say, I'm never doing this again until I'm a dean and I'm another level up the on-call chain. Whew! I'm on call again this weekend, but I think kharma's going to be nice to me and give me a break.


Housing Final Touches
We've had our 1-year final house fixes. Next Monday and Tuesday we have some dry-wall fixes and then we're done with all of our meetings and fixes with the builders.


Basketball Glory
My terriers went to the big dance as SoCon Champions for the second year in a row. While the BYU game wasn't pretty, I'm still proud of how far these terriers have come in a short period of time in Division I.

I think that's mostly it for updates. Work's really busy since we spent March interviewing and selecting the new Union Board. In the next week and a half we'll be retreating with SGA and the new Union Board. We're also in the process of selecting orientation leaders and putting together a welcome week steering committee. So, life's normal and crazy around here. Miss you all!


RECENT UPDATES THIS WEEK: I HAD ANOTHER CRAZY WEEKEND ON CALL, SGA ARE RETREATED (AGAIN MADE THAT WORD UP), INVITATIONS ARE STUFFED, REHEARSAL DINNER INVITES ARE IN, WEDDING DRESS FITTING WENT SMASHINGLY, I'M OFF TO RETREAT WITH MY UNION BOARD YOUNGSTERS IN THE MOUNTAINS THIS WEEKEND AND I'M DONE WITH JUNIOR LEAGUE MEETINGS! PLUS OUR HOUSE LOOKS LIKE A WHITE PAINT BRUSH JUST RANDOMLY WENT CRAZY ON SOME WALLS. BUT THAT WILL BE FIXED AT SOME POINT SOON WHEN WE GET AROUND TO PAINTING OVER THE WHITE. THAT'S IT FOR NOW! I'M OFF TO MEET WITH THE BAKER IN GREENVILLE! ALSO AS A BONUS, HERE ARE SOME PICS FROM THE DOGGIE SHOWER I MENTIONED FROM A LONG TIME AGO. SO FUN!



No comments:

Post a Comment