Fall has officially begun. I was a complete slacker and pretty much took the summer off from blogging. Don't get me wrong, we had lots of fun adventures, including great trips to D.C. and Seattle, and work's been really crazy this year with orientation, welcome week, a Maroon 5 concert, speakers, and an artist series performance already under our belts. But, I just couldn't get motivated to write any posts. And, the longer I went, the less I wanted to write. But, I'm back and I'm finally feeling motivated to share again!
So, what will the first post back be about, you ask? I think it's time to share some wedding details! As many of you know, we agonized over where to have the wedding, when to have it, if we should elope to a desert island. But, after all of that debating, lots of site visits, and nailing down lots of details...we're finally set!
Jeffery Eric Owen and Ashley Elizabeth Mamele are tying the knot on June 4, 2011!
We're having the ceremony in Old Main at Wofford. Long ago, we kind of joked that we should get married at Wofford since we met there. But, after looking at other options, we didn't really know why it wasn't a real option. So, Spartanburg it is! We're doing a 6:00 ceremony, so it shouldn't be very hot (average temperatures for June 4th in Spartanburg are a high of 83 and low of 62). We're following the ceremony with a reception at The Piedmont Club. It has that old historical feel, but has plenty of space to party and the food is so yummy!
In other planning, we're slowly marking things off the list, but there's still so much to do. The next thing on my list is photographers. So, if you know any great ones, let me know (I like photojournalistic style with sharp, clear images and vibrant colors). Current debates in our household include whether Midas can be the ring bearer or not and band vs DJ. Feel free to weigh in your thoughts.
And of course I save the best for last. Jeff and I finished our wedding website last night, so you can check out all of the details at the link below. Save the dates will be out late this fall.
www.theknot.com/ourwedding/AshleyMamele&JeffOwen
We used Kismet Photography and I have nothing but wonderful things to say about them. They are based in Greenville. Also, Hammett Photography. Matt works for Wofford and I'm pretty sure they live in the village. So happy for you!
ReplyDeleteSorry Ash, but I vote DJ (Jeff paid me:)
ReplyDelete